This is a "make your own gear" tarp tent that
I designed and built. It is based on a familiar and proven design concept for a one person shelter. The shelter has been tested in some heavy rainstorms, wind etc. Thanks to extremtextil's materials (and my construction/silicone
seam-sealing) after 30+ nights of use the shelter has so far proven to be both weatherproof and robust.
Dimensions: 1.25m wide, 2.65m long, 1.22m high.
Footprint: 3.3 sqm (oblong-shaped).
Weight: 445g, including seam-sealing, guy lines/tie-outs,
internal mitten hooks/ties etc. and silnylon stuff sack.
Design: Created with Google SketchUp freeware.
Main materials supplied by extremtextil:
- 5.5m Ripstop Nylon tent fabric silicone coated (50 g/sqm)
- 9 linelocs
- 1 Opti coil zip, width 6 mm, length 136 cm, 2 sliders with 2 pullers
- 2.5m Grossgrain ribbon, 20mm
- Reflecting rope, 2,5mm, 15m, NITE IZE
Further details are provided with the photographs.
1) Showing catenary cut main seam
2) With net inner tent installed
3) Interior with trekking pole
4) Side panel tie-out reinforcement
5) Porch zip, cover, linelocs and reinforcements
6) Press studs and reinforcement half way up porch zip